Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cats and Snow

So we had the first snow of the season. My cats were raring to get outside but they had never seen snow before. So it was a cat double take. They ran out on the porch and did a quick skid to a stop. I could almost see the thought bubble above their little furry heads, "What the HELL!!!????"

Harold was first to try it out. He hopped through it like a bunny, searching for a spot of grass to step on. When that failed he stared digging. He finally gave that up and gave me a look like, "Are you in anyway responsible for this?" Then he shrugged and went on his way.

Chloe on the other hand tip toed cautiously onto the snow and then looked for a place that was more or less dry. She went to their favorite haunt which is where they take all the toys they steal from the neighborhood dogs and kids. It is under the bush in the picture. I hadn't thought to grab my camera so I have no pictures of Harold hippety hopping over the snow.

By the way, I found a leather fur rimmed glove on my porch, I think one of the cats pilfered it and brought it home to stash. LOL, It is pretty nice maybe they will bring me the match tomorrow.

No comments: