Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Geocaching

So I have discovered Geocaching. I love the great outdoors and treasure hunts appeal to my piratey side.

So I have been on a few forays. This one was at a bus stop and I took the kiddos. it was easy I didn't need the gps just used the clue.

Not the greatest picture but in my hand is the "log" of this geocache. It was a micro and just contained the log. A piece of paper that you put your name on to show that you found it. It was already full of names and most likely the cache wrangler will need to put a new log in soon.

I found one here at this hamburger place exactly at the coordinates on my gps, another little micro cache. It also had a clue which helped find it.


Another bus stop cache seemed like it would be simple to find so I didn't use the gps and I guess I should have as I couldn't find it. I will return to that one and see if I can find it later.

The last cache is pretty well hidden. I used the gps and found the coordinates but couldn't find the cache. I asked for another clue. Had to have been right there on top of it. Later I will go back and look again with new clue. There seems to be a learning curve.

This weekend I am going to Vancouver Canada and I plan to stop and try to grab a few there. Well hopefully at least one, lol. It ain't as easy as it appears to be.

No comments: